Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Fortune Teller" by Bobby (Boby) Curtola.

From my good friend Dr. Dan Rogers: Oooh! Oooh! I've got one for you, Poldo, or anybody else. I thought of this guy when I received an email from a friend in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, where this singer lives. He was backed by the Martels when he got his biggest hit at #41 in the US, year 1962. But many people (like me) know him better by his "hit" "Makin' Love" that made the charts in Canada but not in the US, even though it got air play. He made the country charts in about 1990. Name of the singer and his (sort of) hit?

Answer: Bobby (aka Boby) Curtola's "Fortune Teller". Dang, that was a toughie! His "Indian Giver" (NOT to be confused with 1910 Fruitgum Company's) did get some airplay on the Armed Forces Radio Network when I lived in P.R. and he also covered Bobby Vee's "Walkin' With My Angel". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OVGx6HuSh0 Last time I saw him up there in Saskatoon he had a very black pompadour 'do and was still singing the old stuff. He actually had a decent voice; wonder why he didn't make it bigger?

No comments:

Post a Comment